Before you can register for a GACE® assessment, you must:
- Identify which test(s) you need to take for certification
- Obtain approval to test from your program provider if you are enrolled in or seeking admission to an approved program
- Review the Registration Bulletin
- Read the Rules of Test Participation for GACE Assessments
- Choose a test center and date to take your assessment
See Getting Ready to Test for more information on how to complete these important steps.
Find information about registration for:
For all other tests, see below.
When you have completed the steps above and you are ready to register, you must do the following:
- Create a MyPSC account on the GaPSC website and select your Reason for Testing.
When you create a MyPSC account, you will receive a Georgia certification ID number (GA CERT ID). A GA CERT ID is used for identification throughout the test registration and certification process. See Creating Your MyPSC Account below.
- Create an ETS GACE testing account.
You will register to test through your ETS GACE testing account. The tests you are approved for and eligible to take will be listed there. See Your ETS GACE Testing Account below.
Note: If your MyPSC account and your ETS GACE testing account have already been created, please confirm that the name on your ID documents still matches the name that appears in your accounts. If they do not match, you must update your information in your MyPSC account. All updates and corrections to your information must be completed through MyPSC prior to registering for a test or reporting to the test center.
The Name You Use When Creating Your Accounts
The first and last name shown in your MyPSC account must be your legal name, and must exactly match the first and last name on the ID documents you will present on the day of the test. See Identification Requirements.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the first and last name on your admission ticket match the ID documents you will present on the day of the test. Note: Hyphens, accents, suffixes, middle initials, and spaces in your name will not appear on the admission ticket.
If your ID documents do not match the name you use when you register, you may be prohibited from testing, your test fees may be forfeited, and/or your test scores may be cancelled.
- When you create your ETS GACE testing account, you will be required to enter your first and last name. Your middle initial and any suffix, if applicable, will be optional. Only your first and last name will appear on your admission ticket. Be sure that the name you enter in your ETS GACE testing account exactly matches the name in your MyPSC account.
- You must supply your entire last (family) name. If you have a multiple-part last name, be sure to supply your complete last name (e.g., Pena-Delgado or Miller Thomas) as it appears on the ID documents you will present on the day of the test.
- Be sure to provide your entire first (given) name. Do not register under a nickname, and do not register with only an initial as your first name.
- If you register by phone, please be sure you are registered under your legal name as it appears on your ID.
- If you have already created your MyPSC account, please confirm that the name on your ID documents still matches the name that appears in your account. If it does not, you must submit an application to the GaPSC to change your name and include appropriate supporting documentation. See the GaPSC website for further information.
Your MyPSC Account
Creating Your Account
- Your MyPSC account is used to provide important information to ETS. You must have a MyPSC account in order to create an ETS testing account and register to take a GACE assessment.
- Before you create your MyPSC account, read The Name You Use When Creating Your Accounts above. To make a name change, you must submit an application to the GaPSC and include appropriate supporting documentation. See the GaPSC website for further information.
- Go to the MyPSC section of the GaPSC website and select Register. Follow the prompts to create your account. Be sure to enter your full legal name exactly as it appears on your ID and complete all required fields. See The Name You Use When Creating Your Accounts above.
- If you already have a MyPSC account, log in to review and confirm your information. Be sure the name in your MyPSC account is your legal name and that it matches your ID.
- Complete or update your MyPSC account, especially your mailing address, phone number, and email address. All future updates and corrections to your information must be completed through MyPSC. See Correcting or Updating Your MyPSC Account below. Always make sure your MyPSC account information is current before you register to test on the ETS GACE website.
- Be sure to request eligibility and select your reason for testing. See instructions under Eligibility.
- You will receive your Georgia certification ID number (GA CERT ID) through your MyPSC account. A GA CERT ID is used for identification throughout the test registration and certification process.
- Print your MyPSC account information so that it will be handy when you register to test on the ETS GACE website.
Correcting or Updating Your MyPSC Account
It is extremely important to keep the information in your MyPSC account up-to-date because the information you enter is uploaded into the ETS GACE registration system. Occasionally, ETS and GaPSC staff may need to contact you in the event there is a last-minute change in a test administration's reporting address or reporting time. Keeping the information current in your MyPSC account — especially your phone number and email address — is your responsibility. By doing so, you enable ETS and GaPSC staff to contact you if the need arises.
You can update your mailing address, phone number, and email address by logging in to your MyPSC account.
To make a name change, you must submit an application to the GaPSC and include appropriate supporting documentation. See the GaPSC website for further information. Name changes must be made in conjunction with your primary ID documents. The name in your MyPSC account must match the identification document(s) you will present at the test center.
After updating your MyPSC account, please confirm the changes by logging in to your ETS GACE testing account to confirm that the information retrieved from the GaPSC system is correct. Testing account updates are made periodically throughout the day so if your change doesn’t appear immediately, check back in a few hours.
If there are any discrepancies in the data, call ETS Customer Service at 1-855-225-7178, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET, excluding holidays.
Your ETS GACE Testing Account
Creating Your Account
- When you access the ETS GACE online registration system for the first time, you will be required to create a testing account.
- Your MyPSC account provides important information to ETS. Make sure you have a MyPSC account and that the information entered in that account is current before you attempt to create an ETS GACE testing account.
- Select "My GACE Testing Account" and follow the guidelines for creating an account in the ETS GACE online registration system. You must create an account in the ETS GACE online registration system. The tests you are approved for and eligible to take will be listed in this account, and this is where you will register to test. You cannot register to test through your MyPSC account.
- You will be required to provide your GA CERT ID; your first/given name, middle initial (optional), last/family name, and suffix (optional) exactly as it appears in your MyPSC account; your date of birth; and your Social Security number.
- You may use a different user name and password for your ETS GACE testing account than you did on your MyPSC account; however, all other requested information must be identical to your MyPSC account in order to match your eligibility information from the GaPSC.
- When you register to take a test through your ETS GACE testing account, you will be given the option to select score recipients. You can choose up to three additional score recipients as part of the test fee. The recipients you choose should be based on the selection you made as your Reason for Testing in your MyPSC account.
- If you register for the test by phone, your ETS GACE testing account will be created for you when you call, using the information you supply over the phone. This information must match the information in your MyPSC account. If it does not, your registration cannot be processed.
- Once your ETS GACE testing account has been created, you will be sent an email that includes a user name and a temporary password for this account so you can access your account online.
- Go to My GACE Testing Account and log in to your account with your user name and temporary password. You will be prompted to change your temporary password once you log in.
Services Available Through Your Testing Account
You will be able to:
- register for any test you are eligible to take
- add score recipients
- view your registration and make changes
- reschedule or cancel your registration
- print (or reprint) your admission ticket(s)
- view your scores
- change your password
Be sure to record your ETS GACE testing account user name and password and keep them in a secure place for future use.
Ready to take a GACE Assessment?
Getting Ready to Test
Find the information you need to register for, prepare for, and take a GACE test.
Test Prep Webinars
Get real-time answers to your test prep questions by attending one of our Webinars.