Test Takers Needing PLNE Accommodations
Extended Testing Time for Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English (PLNE)
GACE® assessments are only given in English. If you are a test taker whose primary language is not English (PLNE), you may request PLNE accommodations. Test takers who are approved will be allowed 50 percent extended testing time. PLNE accommodations are available at all established test centers.
- This service does not apply if you are taking any of the GACE language tests, or if your first language is American Sign Language. See Disability Accommodations to request testing accommodations.
- Test changes or additions cannot be made after registration.
How to Request Accommodations and Register
To request PLNE accommodations, you must:
- Have a qualified professional complete the Certification of Documentation Form. See the form for examples of a qualified professional. You must provide documentation to the individual completing the form that English is not your primary language. The GACE program has the right to request further verification, if needed, of the professional's credentials and expertise relevant to the certification of documentation form and copies of your documentation. An embossed school seal must be affixed over the signature on the Certification of Documentation form or the signature must be notarized.
- Complete the Eligibility Form for Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English. You must complete this form each time you register for PLNE accommodations.
- Complete the Registration Form for Requesting PLNE Accommodations. You must complete this form each time you register for PLNE accommodations.
Mail the completed Certification of Documentation Form, the Eligibility Form, and the Registration Form to:
ETS – GACE
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054
Allow approximately four weeks prior to your intended test date for the processing of your request. You will be contacted via email with a decision. If you are approved, you will be emailed instructions for registering.
- All materials must be submitted and received together at ETS.
- Incomplete requests, as well as requests received on outdated forms, will be returned to the sender unprocessed.
- All documentation must be approved before registering for the test. The program makes every effort to evaluate all requests in a timely manner. If further verification of the professional's credentials and expertise relevant to the documentation submitted is needed, it is possible that testing will be delayed.
- If you previously requested PLNE accommodations, you may request the same accommodations for subsequent test dates.
For more information, contact ETS Disability Services at 1-866-387-8602 (voice) or via email at email@example.com.
Ready to take a GACE Assessment?
Getting Ready to Test
Find the information you need to register for, prepare for, and take a GACE test.
Test Prep Webinars
Get real-time answers to your test prep questions by attending one of our Webinars.