What to Bring
- Admission ticket for the test. Your admission ticket is important because it contains the test center address and reporting time on test day. While you are not required to present it at the test center, you may be asked for it. You will be permitted to test without it. If you are taking the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI), you will not have an admission ticket.
- Valid and acceptable identification document(s) with your name, signature and photograph
Calculators are allowed or required for some GACE® assessments; however, you cannot bring your own calculator, except when approved as a testing accommodation. An online calculator is available as part of the testing software for tests that require the use of a graphing or scientific calculator.
The following tests include the use of an online calculator:
- Mathematics Test I (022) — graphing calculator
- Mathematics Test II (023) — graphing calculator
- Mathematics Combined Test I & II (522) — graphing calculator
- Middle Grades Mathematics (013) — graphing calculator
- Special Education Mathematics and Science (088) — scientific calculator
If you are taking a test that requires the use of a calculator, you are encouraged to utilize the free tutorial available in the Test Preparation Resources section of this website to practice using the online calculator before test day.
Reference documents are included as part of the testing software for the Chemistry, Mathematics, Middle Grades Science, Physics, Science, and Special Education Mathematics and Science assessments. Although you can use these documents to help prepare for the test, you cannot bring your own documents with you to the test.
Do Not Bring
- Pens, pencils, scratch paper, or calculators. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided to you at the test administration. For tests that require a calculator, an online calculator will be available as part of the testing software.
- Headphones - Noise-canceling headphones are available at all Prometric® test centers, and ear plugs may be available at other test centers. If you require noise-canceling headphones or earplugs during your test administration, your Test Center Administrator will provide them for you.
- Personal items other than ID documents are not allowed in the testing room and cannot be accessed during a break. This includes backpacks, phones, purses, tablets, PDAs, watches, and any other electronic, recording, listening, scanning, photographic, or wearable technology devices. If you take any personal items into the testing room, or if you are seen using or accessing any electronic device, including but not limited to text messaging, email, photographs, your device will be inspected may be confiscated, and you will be dismissed from the test. You may not access your phone at any time for any reason, including during breaks.
- Jewelry is prohibited, except for wedding and engagement rings and small stud earrings. Do not wear other jewelry to the test center.
- Clothing and other personal items that include, but are not limited to, hair accessories, neckties, bowties, hats, scarves, jackets and outerwear are subject to inspection by the test center administrator. Refrain from wearing such items as tie clips, cuff links, ornate clips, combs, barrettes, head-bands and other hair accessories on test day, as you may be prohibited from wearing them in the testing room.
- Neither ETS nor the test centers assume any responsibility whatsoever for personal items or devices that you choose to bring into the test center. Test administrators are not permitted to collect and hold phones, watches, or any other devices.
- If you have a disability or health-related need requiring you to bring equipment, beverages, or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you will need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
Ready to take a GACE Assessment?
Getting Ready to Test
Find the information you need to register for, prepare for, and take a GACE test.
Test Prep Webinars
Get real-time answers to your test prep questions by attending one of our Webinars.