Confidentiality of Information
The Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) and ETS take the privacy of our test takers seriously and recognize your right to control the information about you that is stored. Our policies are designed to safeguard that information from unauthorized disclosure.
Because of laws protecting confidentiality and privacy, only you can make inquiries regarding your Paraprofessional assessment scores.
ETS takes reasonable precautions to protect the integrity of any personal information you provide, as well as any information generated internally that is specifically pertinent to you, and to keep this information secure.
Your private information will not be made available to anyone but you, ETS, and the GaPSC (including the employees, agents, contractors, or professional advisors of ETS and the GaPSC); the school district or Regional Education Service Agency (RESA) where you take your test; and any educator preparation program provider, entity, or person required or authorized by law to receive this information.
At the Test Site
You must show the required identification documents to be admitted to test. Your photograph may also be taken.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other ETS or ETS affiliate’s ("ETS," "we," "us," "our") materials or agreements with you, you consent to the terms and conditions herein by registering for or taking an ETS test, creating an online account or using our website, providing survey information or requesting one of our services, or completing order or payment information.
You agree that we have the right to obtain, store, use, and transmit your personal information including, full name, home address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, passport number, biometric data such as fingerprints, audio recordings and video files, and your answers to other background information questions, the test you are registering for, test date, payment information, how you specifically use our website ("Personal Information").
Purpose and Use of Personal Information
Your personal information can be used to:
- Complete any registration, purchases or other transactions you request online
- Improve our products and services, and identify, develop and offer new or expanded products and services
- Improve and personalize your experience on the website
- Notify you about updates, products, services, and/or special offers from ETS, its affiliates and selected third parties
- Ask you to participate in brief surveys or provide other information
- Generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research ourselves or jointly with others related to our products and services and the use of our website
Based upon your specific relationship(s) with us, we may use your Personal Information in ways described in more detail in one or more other agreements.
Additionally, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information within and outside of your country of residence and outside of the location where you have taken the test(s).
We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties with whom we have a direct or indirect business or contract relationship to provide the products and services you have requested.
You will have the ability to opt out of receiving certain communications from us, including voicemail or email. If you do not opt out immediately, but later decide that you would prefer not to receive email communications from us, please contact that particular testing program through www.ets.org. Remember, however, that we may still send email or call you in order to provide a product or service that you request.
Your personal information may be disclosed to those third parties that provide services to ETS and the GaPSC, provided that they have contractually agreed to only use the personal information as needed to provide the services.
Security and Retention
ETS, the GaPSC, and their service providers shall at all times protect your personal information with operational, administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards.
ETS and the GaPSC shall retain them for a maximum of 50 years after the last test you have taken.
You may at any time:
- request access to and correction of your personal information
- make any inquiries, requests, or complaints in relation to the use of your personal information
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data; however, if you exercise this right, you may not be allowed to take any further tests and your scores may be canceled
Requests, inquiries or complaints should be directed to ETS – GACE. Contact ETS Customer Service at 1-855-225-7178 for more information.
Your score information is intended only for you and the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC).
ETS will not release your score information at the request of institutions or agencies except:
- For use in research studies, scoring, and statistical analyses approved by the GaPSC and that preserve your anonymity.
- When information is required under compulsion of legal processes, in which case your score record and the documents (including, but not limited to, documents you completed at check-in on test day) that are retained at ETS may be released to third parties, e.g., government agencies, parties to a lawsuit, etc., if requested pursuant to a subpoena or required by applicable laws.
- Sections 205 through 208 of Title II of the Higher Education Act (HEA), as amended in 2008, require all states that require testing for licensure to provide that agency with annual performance data for students completing their state-approved teacher preparation programs. If you complete your preparation program in a given cohort year, your preparing institution will collect and forward your score information to the state for inclusion in the federally mandated educator preparation performance report. The report will contain aggregate data only and will not include any information that identifies examinees.
Recorded responses may be used for training raters and in new test preparation materials. Test preparation materials demonstrate how the test is administered and the skills that are necessary to succeed. Test-taker information, such as names and addresses, is not included when scoring responses are used for these purposes. Rater training is essential to ensure that tests are scored in a fair and consistent manner. The use of your recorded responses will benefit future test takers by helping to improve the training of raters, just as the scoring of your test will benefit from the use of prior test takers' recorded responses.
Get Official GACE® Preparation Resources
Find study companions, practice tests, free webinars, tutorials, and tips to help you prepare for a GACE assessment.