Candidate Test Preparation Resources
Preparing your educator certification candidates increases their chances for success and improves your teacher pool and teacher quality. There are a variety of test preparation resources available.
- Study Companions familiarize candidates with the content to be tested, test question formats, and pertinent study resources. There is a study companion available for all GACE® assessments, with the exception of the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview, the GACE Teacher Leadership assessment, and the Georgia Ethics assessments.
- Tests at a Glance give candidates a quick overview of the assessment. A Test at a Glance is available for all GACE assessments, with the exception of the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview, the GACE Teacher Leadership assessment, and the Georgia Ethics assessments.
Interactive Practice Tests (IPTs) practice tests that allow users to answer one set of test questions to simulate what they will experience on the day of the test. They are approximately the same length as the actual test; however, the questions in the IPT are sample questions and do not appear on the actual test. IPTs are designed to familiarize test takers with the navigation of the test and the type of questions they will encounter. After completing the IPT, they can see if they answered the questions correctly or incorrectly and get explanations for correct answers. Some IPTs also include practice constructed-response questions. Feedback is not provided for constructed-response questions.
There is only one practice test with one set of test questions for each GACE test; retaking or repurchasing the same practice test more than once does not result in different practice test questions or change the order in which the questions are delivered.
To buy practice tests using a purchase order form, visit the Resources page.
- Test Familiarization Videos provide information about how to get ready to take a test and what it's like to take a test.
- Tutorials allow test takers who are taking the French, German, and Spanish assessments or assessments that require the use of a graphing or scientific calculator to practice using the tools they will encounter during their test (either the alternate character toolbar or the online calculator) prior to test day.
- Webinars walk candidates and educator preparation program providers through the different parts of a GACE assessment, inform participants about available test preparation resources, and give them the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers.
- Strategies and Tips includes a booklet with general information about the GACE assessments, the types of questions you may encounter in the test, and study tips for preparing to take the test. A study plan is also available to help you understand what skills and knowledge are covered on the test and where to focus your attention.
- Test Taker Resources, Services, and Tools includes numerous ways for test takers to get information about the assessments, preparing for the assessments, taking the assessments, and receiving and understanding score reports.
Help Develop GACE Assessments
Georgia educators and faculty members are needed to help develop new content and leadership assessments for GACE.
Learn More about how you can help develop GACE assessments.