Guidelines for the Assessment
Candidates taking the Georgia Ethics assessments must follow the guidelines below in order to receive credit and notify program providers of test completion.
Georgia Educator Ethics (360) Candidates
- State-approved traditional educator preparation program candidates (colleges/universities) must the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment to hold a Pre-service certificate.
- State-approved non-traditional educator preparation program initial teaching candidates (GaTAPP) must pass the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment prior to program admission.
- Out-of-state initial teaching candidates doing field experiences/clinical practice in Georgia must pass the Georgia Educator assessment to hold a Pre-service certificate.
- Out-of-state educators seeking certification in Georgia via reciprocity with less than three (3) years of experience must pass the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment.
- Applicants seeking an initial International Exchange, Permit, or Provisional Certificate must pass the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment.
- Educators not required to hold certification due to employment in a charter or strategic waiver school district and seeking a Clearance Certificate must pass the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment.
Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership (380) Candidates
- All candidates admitted (enrolled and taking classes) to any GaPSC-approved Educational Leadership program (non-tiered program or the new tiered model) on or after July 1, 2016, must pass the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership assessment prior to becoming enrolled.
- A candidate who completes this program entry requirement for Tier I, does not have to complete it again for Tier II.