Fees, Payment, and Refund Policies
A $25 registration fee and a $28 test center fee are included in each test fee below, with the exception of the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI).
Find information about fees, refunds, and related services for:
For all other tests, see below.
|American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI)²||$165|
|Content (combined test)||$193|
|Content (single test)||$123|
1 GACE® assessments administered at international test sites are subject to a $50 test site fee in addition to any test fees paid.
2 A $20 proctor fee may be required on the day of the test. This fee must be paid in cash.
|Test center, date, or time change||$25|
|Canceled test registration³||50% of the test fee|
3 The cancellation must processed at least three calendar days before the test date or your fees will be forfeited. See Refund Policy below for more information.
Online and phone payments can be made by:
- Credit/debit card (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard®, and VISA® are accepted).
- E-Check (drawn against U.S. bank accounts only)
If you do not have access to an electronic form of payment, please contact ETS Customer Service at 1-855-225-7178.
- All payments must be for the full amount.
- Fees are subject to change without notice. Amounts listed are in U.S. dollars and are exclusive of any Value-added or similar taxes.
- All outstanding balances with ETS must be paid in full prior to registering for any ETS-administered tests.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- Refunds of test fees will be made in U.S. dollar denominations.
- ETS reserves the right to add or remove payment methods at its own discretion.
Test fee refunds will be issued based on the original payment method. Credit/debit and PayPal payments will begin being processed as soon as the registration is canceled. Check with your credit/debit card company regarding processing time for crediting your account. Payment by e-Check will begin processing within seven days and credited back to the original bank account. If you are absent from or arrive too late to take the test at the administration for which you are registered, or you do not cancel your registration at least three calendar days before the test, you are not entitled to any refund.
See cancellation and refund information below.
Canceling Online or by Phone
- Cancellations must be processed at least three calendar days before the test date.
- Cancellations processed at least three calendar days before the test date are eligible for a refund. You will be refunded the registration fee, the test center fee, and 50% of the remaining test fee paid. For example, if you cancel a single content test ($123), you will be refunded a total of $88:
- $25 (registration fee)
- $28 (test center fee)
- $35 ($123 test fee, minus $25 registration fee, minus $28 test center fee, divided by 2)
- The international test site fee is not refundable.