For Test Takers
Important Notices and Information
- Find Out Which Assessments You Need to Take
- 2023–24 Testing Windows, Registration Deadlines, and Score Reporting Dates
- Admission to a Test Center
- Personal Items
- Leaving the Test Center Prohibited During Test Administration
Once you have obtained approval to test from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) or your program provider (if applicable), you can register through your ETS GACE testing account.
Before you complete your test registration, make sure you are registering for a GACE test. If you get routed to the Praxis® website for any reason, please call ETS Customer Service at 1-855-225-7178 immediately. DO NOT register for a Praxis test unless it is your intention to do so. A customer service representative will assist you with registering for the appropriate GACE test.
- EPPs that wish to continue to use an assessment for program admission may adopt the Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators: Combined Test (Reading, Writing, and Mathematics), which is identical in design and content to the GACE Program Admission Assessment (PAA). ETS will offer webinars and/or regional workshops on the Praxis Core in support of EPPs that adopt the assessment. As a reminder, the PAA support materials currently being used, including those from Khan Academy®, are strictly aligned to the Praxis Core — it is the same test as the PAA.
The GACE® Assessments
The Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators® (GACE®) is Georgia's state-approved educator certification assessment program. These computer-delivered assessments have been developed by the GaPSC and Educational Testing Service (ETS).
The purpose of the GACE assessments is to help the GaPSC ensure that candidates have the knowledge and skills needed to perform the job of an educator in Georgia's public schools.
Not sure where to begin? See Getting Ready to Test for important information to help you organize your testing strategy and gather what you need.
- About the Assessments
- Test Centers and Dates
- Register for a Test
- Test Preparation Resources
- On Test Day
- Disability Accommodations
- Bulletin and Reference Documents
Information About Required Tests and Educator Certification
If you have questions or need information about which test(s) you need to take — or about certification requirements — see the Educator Certification Division section of the GaPSC website.
Find study guides, practice tests, free webinars, and tips to help you prepare for a GACE assessment.
Find out about score reporting dates, what to expect on your score report and how to understand it, and minimum passing scores.